This fun, interactive, full on programme offers you skills in announcing, promotions, creative writing
and production, as well as voice training, radio sales and news reading. Our live to air radio stations
and recording suites give you plenty of hands-on learning opportunities.
Experienced and professional tutors, all with comprehensive backgrounds in radio, offer highly interactive learning environments with lots of opportunities to create through practical work.
This programme covers the following:
Announcing: Prepare and perform live-to-air radio shows on our campus-based radio station.
- On-air basics, including voice and structure
- How to use the tools of the industry
- Media law – what you can and can't say on air
- How to develop your personality and build on-air character
- How to cater your performance to different audiences
- How to put callers to air and much more
Production: Manipulate sound into audio magic in one of our many production suites. This covers:
- Working with the same software the industry uses
- Creating a range of audio projects such as commercials, documentaries, station imaging and music features
- Learning to direct talent and get the best out of them as well as developing an 'ear' for radio
(Offered by the New Zealand Radio Training School, part of Whitireia New Zealand Limited)