International Services and Support
The International Office provides a full range of services for international students.
- Assistance with applications to study
- Orientation for new students
- Providing information and links to other community support networks and organisations
- Arranging home stay accommodation
- Networking within Whitireia and other tertiary education institutions
- Assisting with visa renewals
- Liaison with family back home in emergencies
- Assistance with opening a new bank account
- Arranging fee payments
- Arranging health insurance
- Arranging English assessment tests
- Help with access to lawyers
- Organising social activities
- Career advice
- Appointments with Faculty/Programme Managers
- Mediation between students and staff
International students have access to high quality Library resources and services. There are dedicated libraries at Porirua, Kapiti and Auckland.
Students also have access to a range of academic support coordinated through Poutama Academic Learning Services in the Wellington region, and Study Skills in the Auckland region.
Pacific Liaison assistance is available to all Pacific students for personal help, study groups, information on courses, grants and scholarships, advocacy and networking within and outside Whitireia.