We provide a range of health and well-being services to help you look after your physical and mental health.
Subsidised WelTec and Whitireia student physio appointments are available at all Physio Spot clinics.
Registering with your family doctor will likely keep your health costs lower. Most students are eligible for Community Services Card which will reduce the cost of healthcare and services. See the Work & Income website for further information and how to apply.
The Health Navigator NZ website is a non-profit community initiative providing a place for New Zealanders to find reliable and trustworthy health information and self-care resources. It focuses on promoting clear, consistent messages that enable users to get the information they need at the time they need it. Health Navigator is supported by District Health Boards around New Zealand (including Capital & Coast DHB) and is available in nearly 20 languages.
Free call or text 1737 any time, 24 hours a day. You’ll get to talk to (or text with) a trained counsellor. This service is completely free.
Call Healthline free on 0800 611 116 if you: don’t have a family doctor; if you’re feeling unwell but you’re not sure if you need to see a doctor; for advice about what’s happening for you and next steps; if you want some advice about a family member or a friend who’s sick (if you are with them); if you want advice on finding services near you.
Need help quitting smoking? Call Quitline free on 0800 778 778 or text 4006 or visit www.smokefree.org.nz
• Eat healthily and often
• Stay hydrated for energy and mental clarity
• Exercise as often as possible
• Try to get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep
How to stay focused
• Set goals; start small, set goals that are measurable and easy to achieve
• Identify any long term goals you wish to work towards
• Visually display your long term goals and your motivation for achieving them
• Where possible set up a study space away from distractions
• Set aside time for yourself
• Find activities that you enjoy, this will help you to de-stress