Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply to enrol?

You can apply to enrol either in person, online or by post.

What do I need to provide?

A completed Application to Enrol form, a verified copy of your birth certificate or passport plus any additional entry requirement information (such as health declaration, references, safety check, criminal conviction declaration, record of learning, academic transcripts/records) if applicable.

Why do we ask for your birth certificate or passport?

We need proof of your legal name, date of birth and citizenship or residency. If your name has changed you will also need to provide proof of the change e.g. a marriage certificate.

Can I bring a photocopy of my birth certificate?

Yes, if it has been verified (signed) by a solicitor, Justice of the Peace (JP) or kaumātua. We can also photocopy and verify your original documents for you.

How do I get a student loan or allowance?

Apply online at You should do this well before your programme starts so that it is processed in plenty of time.

How long does it take to confirm my enrolment?

If you’ve brought in or sent us everything we need, it will usually take between two and five working days.

When do I pay my fees?

After you have been offered a place on your programme and you have confirmed your acceptance, you can pay your fees.

How and when do I get my student ID card?

After your enrolment has been completed, visit our Information & Enrolment team and they’ll organise it for you. You will need a student ID card to print, photocopy, access the library, the computer networks and other student support services at Whitireia.

Got a question or feedback?
Call us on 0800 944 847
or send us a message