Youth Guarantee is about improving the transition from school to further study, work or training. Study fees free on one of the many Youth Guarantee study options available at Whitireia.
To be eligible to enrol in one of our Youth Guarantee programmes students must:
- Be 16-19 years of age at the start of the programme
- Be enrolling in full-time study
- Be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand permanent residency
Note: funding for study on these programmes is limited to two years of free full-time study on a Level 1-3 programme and students cannot hold a qualification at Level 3 or above.
Did you know
- Youth Guarantee funded programmes are available at Levels 1-3
- StudyLink student loans are not applicable for students under 18-year-olds
- If you are under 18 years of age you may be able to access a student allowance; if you are 18-19 years of age you may be able to access a StudyLink loan and student allowance. Check out www.studylink.govt.nz for more information.
Subjects options for 2019 include:
- Construction Trades (Carpentry, Electrical)
- Health Assistance
- Office Administration
- Social and Community Services
Travel Subsidy Guide (1.4MB PDF)
Travel Subsidy Application Form (72KB PDF)
Want to know more?
For more information, contact email@example.com or call us on 0800 944 847