How do I apply to enrol?

You can apply to enrol by filling in an application to enrol form or through an agent.

What do I need to provide?

A completed Application to Enrol form, a verified copy of your birth certificate or passport plus any additional entry requirement information (such as a health declaration, references, safety check, criminal convictions declaration, a record of learning, academic transcripts/records) if applicable. You also need to provide evidence of IELTS or equivalent English certificate.

Why do we ask for your passport?

We need proof of your legal name, date of birth and citizenship or residency. If your name has changed you will also need to provide proof of the change e.g. marriage certificate. You must also provide proof of eligibility to study in New Zealand (visa and residency status).

How long does it take to confirm my enrolment?

If you've brought or sent us everything we need, it will usually take between two or five working days. Enrolment confirmation will be sent back to you directly or to your agent if you enrolled in this way.

When do I pay my fees?

If you are in New Zealand, you can pay your fees after you have been offered a place on the programme you applied for, and you have confirmed your acceptance of this. If you are overseas, you should pay your fees when you receive your visa approval from immigration.

How do I get in contact with an agent?

list of authorised agents is available on our website.

How and when do I get my student ID card?

After your enrolment has been completed, visit our International Information & Enrolments team at our Porirua or Auckland campuses and they’ll organise it for you. You will need this student ID card to print, photocopy, access the library, the computer networks and other student support services at Whitireia.

Can I decide to withdraw from part or all of my programme of study?

If you change your mind before your programme starts please contact us. You will need to complete a Withdrawal Form. The circumstances and timing of your withdrawal will determine what you are eligible for. The Whitireia Student Withdrawal policy applies.

Can I work while I study?

If you are studying with us full-time at Level 5 or higher you are able to work for 20 hours per week and full-time during the holidays.

How do I get a full-time student visa?

When you have paid your tuition fees and we have issued you a receipt, you can then obtain a student visa either by directly approaching Immigration New Zealand in your country or letting your agent do this for you.

Can I buy insurance through Whitireia?

You can apply for travel and medical insurance through us.

Got a question or feedback?
Call us on 0800 944 847
or send us a message