This programme is offered by WelTec and is taught at the Whitireia Porirua campus. Please enrol through WelTec.
What you will learn
- Waxing, facial therapy, manicure and pedicure, make-up, eyebrow shaping and eyelash tinting services
- Anatomy and physiology
- Client consultation, diagnosis and effective communication
- Retail and reception skills for beauty sales and service
- Knowledge of chemistry and electrical currents for facial therapy
- Safety, hygiene, first aid, nutritional principles
- Beauty therapist
- Spa retreat worker
Under 20 years
NCEA Level 2 or equivalent skills and knowledge.
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Minimum IELTS (academic) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5, or equivalent.
Further Study Options
On successful completion of this programme students can enrol onto the New Zealand Diploma in Beauty Therapy (Level 5). This programme is offered through WelTec at Te Kāhui Auaha campus in Wellington CBD.