What you will learn
- Gain an understanding of electrical theory
- Learn use of test instruments and take measures
- Develop skills in freehand drawing
- Carry out domestic and commercial wiring
- Participate in wiring up a house
- Learn how to diagnose and fix faults
- Complete manual soldering and de-soldering procedures
You could start work as an apprentice to a qualified electrician.
- Electrical fitter
- Electronics service person
- Appliance service technician
Under 20 years
- NCEA level 1
Over 20 years
If you’re 20 years or over, you may qualify for special admission on this programme. Contact us if you don’t meet the Under 20 entry criteria.
Documents and other details
Start your career as an electrician. Learn the skills and theory that an electrician needs in their daily work. This course will give you broad-based training in all aspects of the industry.