The aim of this programme is to build your expertise in the digital media discipline, developing your creativity and innovation, critical thinking and problem solving, collaboration and communication, for a career in digital media occupations.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced technical proficiency, artistry and understanding of digital media technology.
- Use research and problem-solving skills, critical thinking and imagination when creating and developing innovative ideas, products, processes or presentations.
- Demonstrate awareness of social and cultural diversity and tikanga Māori, and respond appropriately in their creative practice.
- Apply collaborative, entrepreneurial skills to contribute to a creative development project, within the discipline or in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate responsible, professional, ethical and sustainable business practice in community and/or commercial environments.
Opportunities within the creative industries include employment in public organisations, private companies, creative enterprises, portfolio careers, self-employment, roles in funding agencies, teaching and private tutoring (further training required for school teaching).
Bachelor degree in a creative discipline OR Ability to demonstrate equivalent practical experience, professional or educational experience appropriate to the Graduate Diploma’s digital media major discipline.
If a prior degree was in a different creative discipline from the major offered in the Graduate Diploma, evidence of ability based on portfolio and/or interview is required.
Portfolio evidence and/or interview is also required to demonstrate equivalent practical experience, professional or educational experience.
IELTS 6.0 with no band score lower than 5.5 (or equivalent) and academic requirements.